The Pomona Public library will consider requests by individuals and community groups engaged in educational, cultural, informational and artistic activities to make use of the library's exhibit cases and display areas. By accepting a display or exhibit, the library does not endorse or advocate the viewpoints of exhibits or exhibitors. Displays and exhibits will be accepted and scheduled for view by the Director of the Library, or by a designated staff member. The Library reserves the right to designate and limit the space, size, location, and duration of displays and exhibits. The Library will have the final decision on the content and arrangement of all exhibits, and reserves the right to reject any part of an exhibit or to change the manner of its display.
Conditions & Requirements for Exhibitors
- Scheduling for all displays and exhibits must be made in advance with the Director of the Library or a designated staff member. Space and exhibit scheduling will be done on a first-come first-served basis.
- Exhibits must not interfere with the general operation of regular library activities.
- Exhibits must contribute to and not detract from the general appearance of the library.
- Exhibitors are responsible for creating their displays, setting them up and removing them as scheduled. Assistance will not be provided by library staff.
If the Library staff is forced to dismantle a display, the Library is not responsible for any damage.
- Labels for exhibit items are provided by the exhibitor. They must be neat and attractive, and may not be attached to a wall or exhibit case. Labels may not contain prices. Exhibitors may not post signs or posters for their exhibits in the library, unless approved by the Library Director or designated staff beforehand.
- In return for the Library's approval of an application to allow a display and/or exhibit at the Pomona Public Library, Exhibitor expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Library and/or the City and their officers, agencies and employees from and against any and all rights, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, attorney fees, judgments, actions or losses of any kind or nature whatsoever which may be sustained or suffered by or secured against the Library and/or the City and its officers, agencies and employees arising out of or related in any way whatsoever to the display and/or exhibit for which the Exhibitor is applying, including, but not limited to, the loss or damage of said display and/or exhibit.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the preservation, protection or possible damage or theft of any item displayed or exhibited. All items placed in the Library for exhibit are so placed at the owner's risk.