Picnic Pavilion / Ganesha Bandshell Rules & Regulations
Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. A $50 refundable deposit is required to reserve facilities. Facilities must be reserved at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event.
Refundable Deposit Policy: If approved following the event, the refundable deposit will be mailed to the applicant listed on the Facilities Use Permit using the address provided on the permit. Checks are issued within 21 days from the scheduled event date. The refundable deposit maybe withheld for reasons outlined below:
- Presence of Intoxicating Beverages
- Damage or vandalism to City Facilities
- Usage exceeding the time specified on the contract
- Excessive trash, causing City staff to perform special clean-up.
- Decorations not being removed by applicant.
- Fees are not paid 14 days prior to the scheduled event.
Payment of Fees: All fees must be paid at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event.
Acceptable Methods of Payment:
More than 21 days before event: Cash or Check only
Less than 21 days before event: CASH ONLY
Changes to the Facilities Use Permit: Any changes must be made by the applicant listed on the Facilities Use Permit at least 7 days prior to the scheduled event. All changes must be made either in person or in writing. Changes include the following:
- Cancellations: If less than 7 days notice is given, the refundable deposit will be withheld.
- Time Change Policy: Time changes will be honored only if the facility is available.
Decorations: All decorations must be removed after the scheduled event. No scotch tape, tacks or nails are allowed to be used; only masking tape is allowed.
Use of Intoxicating Beverages: The presence of intoxicating beverages is prohibited by Pomona City Code Section 34-151 and 34-152. This applies to community centers, parking lots, picnic pavilions and areas, sports fields: ALL CITY PROPERTY. Applicant will be held responsible to inform all guests of this ordinance.
Insurance: The City of Pomona reserves the right to require liability insurance for events.
- Self-contained grills are allowed.
- Selling of food items is not allowed unless otherwise specified on the contract.
- Please keep in mind that other picnic pavilion rentals may be scheduled within close proximity. Noise level must be kept within an acceptable standard. Complaints filed for noise level violation may result in withholding of refundable deposit and termination of event.
- Please note reservations are made for specific areas only. City parks are open to the public and there may be additional activities held at the park during all events.
- If you have opted to purchase electricity, keep in mind that jumping bounces must be operated using a generator and cannot be plugged into the City’s electrical outlet(s).
If any statement in this policy or on the facilities use permit is unclear, please call the item to the attention of Community Services Staff by contacting 909-620-2321.
All Events are Subject to Patrol by the Pomona Police Department and its affiliates.